Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Tasty tapas

Dinner tonight at Boqueria was a reminder of how bad I am at predicting what will be best from a menu. The thing I expected to be deliciousest (because, in Spain, it was) - Pa Amb Tomaquet - was the most bland. And the most boring sounding - Patatas Bravas and Pimientos de Padron - were really tasty. Yay tapas, for letting me try lots of stuff. The desserts were uniformly awesome, and we had a good Priorat wine. For a tapas place in New York, it was reasonably priced and the wait wasn't bad.

Added to the good restaurant notebook.

2 comments:

  1. I took my spanish roommate to Tía Pol because he was homesick and we were both impressed with the food. I heard about it from nymag's top 101 "cheap" eats:

    http://nymag.com/restaurants/cheapeats/2006/18479/index1.html

    P.S. What is this notebook thing you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for being such a hater!! why is it so absurd? i like it :).

    ReplyDelete