Tuesday, January 30, 2007

In which TV saves the day

I watched a lot of TV on the 6 hour (plus 1/2 an hour at JFK - can someone explain to me again why the planes can't just be scheduled to board at a time closer to their actual takeoff?) flight last night, and a lot of it was good. Besides the obvious Daily Show (although Bill Gates got to use all the same canned stuff he used on the Today show - is Jon Stewart that much of a shill?) and Colbert and My Super Sweet 16 and 24, there was also Engineering an Empire (which I can't link to directly because apparently the history channel doesn't understand this whole hyperlink/Internet thing). Engineering an Empire is history the way I'd like to learn it, with the occasional mention of wars and politicians as background to various feats of engineering. ;-) Dimitri Martin. Person. also rocked. Yay JetBlue!

2 comments:

  1. Hey....I was doing a search looking for some long lost friends....and one of them is Tina Thakar. Your blog came up dated way back when looking for her, your cousin. Did you ever find her? She and I were friends back in college...and lost track once we graduated. I would love to contact her and see how life is going for her. Last I heard, she was getting married to Michael....and she was going to school to be a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin (Wright) ParkerFebruary 21, 2007 at 3:56 AM

    Hi Kushal! You were way too young to remember me but Tina and I were friends in middle school and high school when you guys lived in PQ and I used to come over. I was trying to find her and the ONLY thing I came across was your blog. I'm surprised that you had to "try to find her" but I guess I'm in the same boat. If you have any info on her, I'd love to talk to you. Either one of your sisters would remember me. Your mom too because she used to make pizza every time I would come over! It sounds like maybe she got married? I'd really appreciate any info you could share, even passing on my email address to her would be a huge help! Thanks so much! Robin

    ReplyDelete