Friday, November 23, 2007

Orange crush

The other day at work I was trying to come up with a clever name for my new workstation, and with the help of Ak and David, we decided it would be orangecrush (easier to spell than electrolite, less like an SNL actor than fallonme). But one of my worries was that Orange Crush was kind of a depressing song, although I wasn't quite sure what it was about. Some Googling found that wikipedia, songmeanings, and songfacts all had some interesting tidbits from interviews and concerts (interspersed with the usual population of clueless illiterates). I decided to make a handy dandy Custom Search Engine for the next time I need to do such a search. Try it out, it seems to work better than my other CSE attempts.

5 comments:

  1. can we please extract the actual lyrics and make an iTunes plugin and/or iPhone app? I'll even release relationshipstat if we do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You name all your computers after R.E.M. songs? Or is there some more complicated system, like Linux desktops are R.E.M. songs, Mac laptops are U2 songs, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @mosh - there are already itunes plugins/dashboard widgets that extract lyrics. pearlyrics for example.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @dolapo, thanks, made me fraking out searching the web for every single lyric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great and excellent article it’s realy helpful. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete