Sunday, June 24, 2007

My new running secret

A few weeks ago, I discovered that it's possible to cut across Manhattan pretty quickly on Houston, and this pretty much changed my life. Anywhere north or south of Houston is pretty crappy due to a combination of lights and pedestrians - best I've done is Tribeca, but there's a lot of annoying twists and turns involved in that. Today, Ak tagged along on my second 10 miler in the past few weeks, and he was annoyingly in shape considering he doesn't run that much, but fun was had.

I'm also getting a lot of, ahem, mileage out of my new Fuel Belt, which keeps me from buying lots of overpriced and heavy Gatorades en route. It took some getting used to and weighs me down a bit, but it was totally worth it. I'm going to try tracking my runs on Sanoodi, although it's a little annoying because I can't list a date without also listing a time, and I never precisely time anything.

2 comments:

  1. Mapmyrun.com is another one. This was Jess on Saturday.

    http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/ca/san-diego/523842617

    I'm supposed to run a half-marathon with her in August, and I still haven't been able to start training due to my disc-golf knee injury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for run-mapping idea, Koosh! Now I know I can't run with you because your pace is much faster than mine :) How do you avoid being hit by all those cars when you run in Manhattan? I'm scared enough running in Irvine!

    ReplyDelete