Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Off to Vienna

I wanted to stop and work at the field hospital and fall in love with the local beauty, but also be home in a week so I could do so many other things, fifty life-directions all seemed equally appealing and possible — shark wrangler! Whatever happened to training to be a goddamned shark wrangler?

Just in time for my trip to Vienna for CHI (thanks IBM!) (with a sidetrip to see Madhan at Oxford that made the plane tickets cheaper!), I have finished reading You Shall Know Our Velocity, which, despite some parts where it drags, is a really incredible book, especially with the twist which is apparently only present in the paperback version. It's one of those books that really makes you take stock of things.

Also thematically appropriate (insofar as Germany is near Austria), I saw Goodbye, Lenin tonight. It gets a little absurd, but is sweet in the end.

And also just in time, my Pentax S4 arrived. Hopefully I'll have some good pictures to share when I return.

As an aside, sadly (ironically?) I never got to post my thoughts on BloggerCon, though some of them appear in the replies here.

No comments:

Post a Comment