Sunday, May 11, 2003

fun with evil bureaucracies

this past week i learned a valuable lesson....asking if harvard vanguard dental accepts a given insurance plan is not the same as asking if they are a preferred provider. i was quite shocked to be billed for medical treatment i thought would be covered by my insurance. i could have gone to any dentist anywhere and gotten this level of "coverage." and when i called to suggest i had been misled, an incredibly rude and unhelpful supervisor named michelle explained that it was all my fault for not knowing enough to ask the person booking my appointment my question more precisely. (this was not much better than her underling, who explained that by signing their waiver, i had ceded my right to complain.) but now i've learned the error of my ways. thanks harvard vanguard!

1 comment:

  1. Atlanta Pediatric Dentists...

    In Atlanta there are a number of renowned pediatric dentists. Atlanta pediatric dentists treat children starting from the age of two. This time is a critical period in a child's life as far as proper formation of teeth is concerned....

    ReplyDelete